MADISON, Wis. - The John Nolen Drive area will soon be under major construction.
The City of Madison is reconstructing two traffic islands, installing a new median and a new storm sewer.
Lane closures are planned in the southbound lanes of John Nolen, the eastbound lanes of North Shore and on eastbound Broom Street.
Engineers said the upgrades are needed to improve the safety of everyone in that area.
Pedestrian and bike crossing at John Nolen will stay the same throughout the construction, so engineers are urging patience from everyone during the project.
"I want to remind drivers to be patient and careful during the construction; also, the bicyclists and the pedestrians to use caution when they're trying to cross the construction zone," said Yang Tao with City of Madison Traffic Engineering.
The city recommends alternate routes during the construction, which will wrap up at the end of August.
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos