MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's jobs creation agency has hired a new accounting firm after questions about potential conflicts of interest with its previous firm was raised by a legislative audit.
The chief financial officer of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. said Wednesday that Sikich LLP had been hired to replace the previous firm Schenck SC.
Stephanie Walker says the potential conflicts with Schenck were a factor in hiring Sikich, which is based in Naperville, Ill. Schenck did compete for the latest audit, but the board awarded the contract to Sikich.
Walker and other WEDC officials held a briefing to give an update on steps being taken to address numerous problems with the agency identified by Schenck, the Legislative Audit Bureau and the state Legislature.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap