MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's jobs creation agency has hired a new accounting firm after questions about potential conflicts of interest with its previous firm was raised by a legislative audit.
The chief financial officer of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. said Wednesday that Sikich LLP had been hired to replace the previous firm Schenck SC.
Stephanie Walker says the potential conflicts with Schenck were a factor in hiring Sikich, which is based in Naperville, Ill. Schenck did compete for the latest audit, but the board awarded the contract to Sikich.
Walker and other WEDC officials held a briefing to give an update on steps being taken to address numerous problems with the agency identified by Schenck, the Legislative Audit Bureau and the state Legislature.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK