MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's jobs creation agency has hired a new accounting firm after questions about potential conflicts of interest with its previous firm was raised by a legislative audit.
The chief financial officer of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. said Wednesday that Sikich LLP had been hired to replace the previous firm Schenck SC.
Stephanie Walker says the potential conflicts with Schenck were a factor in hiring Sikich, which is based in Naperville, Ill. Schenck did compete for the latest audit, but the board awarded the contract to Sikich.
Walker and other WEDC officials held a briefing to give an update on steps being taken to address numerous problems with the agency identified by Schenck, the Legislative Audit Bureau and the state Legislature.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend