Racine County has organized a job fair for workers displaced by a fire at Echo Lake Foods in Burlington.
County Executive Jim Ladwig says Echo Lake Foods employees will have a chance to meet with potential employers at the Veterans Terrace in Burlington next Wednesday, Feb. 13.
Ladwig says a wide variety of jobs will be available, including entry level warehouse positions, maintenance mechanics, forklift operators and hospitality jobs.
The company said Monday it plans to rebuild the part of the egg processing plant that was destroyed in the fire last week. The plant employs about 300 people and is one of the city's largest employers.
Employees are meeting with local and state unemployment officials Wednesday to learn more about jobless benefits.
- Child expert weighs in, on search for 9-month old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change