DARLINGTON, Wis. - A Wisconsin man has been sentenced to life in prison in a fatal fire that killed his three nephews and his brother's unborn child.
A judge sentenced Jeremy Wand on Thursday after earlier refusing Wand's request to withdraw his guilty pleas in the case. Wand will be eligible for parole in 35 years.
Wand pleaded guilty in June to three counts of being a party to first-degree intentional homicide and other charges. He later said he felt pressured to enter the pleas.
Prosecutors say Wand and his brother, Armin Wand III, set the fire last year at Armin Wand's home in a scheme to collect on insurance policies. Armin Wand is serving three consecutive life terms without parole.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need