JEFFERSON, Wis. - A man is dead after a crash on Highway Y north of Will Road in the town of Jefferson Saturday, officials said.
Officials responded to a motorcycle versus vehicle crash around 4:35 p.m. on Highway Y 300 feet north of Will Road, according to a release.
The 2014 Yamaha motorcycle, driven by Elias J. Stollenwerk, 35, from Jefferson, was traveling northbound on Highway Y when Stollenwerk lost control while trying to negotiate a curve, officials said. The motorcycle slid on its side into the southbound lane of traffic and collided with a 2012 Subaru Forester.
Patricia L. Parker, 66, from Appleton was driving the vehicle and was uninjured, according to the release.
Stollenwerk was transported to Fort Atkinson Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead due to injuries sustained in the crash, according to the release.
Parker was wearing a seat belt and Stollenwerk was wearing eye protection and a helmet, officials said.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday