MADISON, Wis. - State Rep. Janis Ringhand has won the Democratic primary for the 15th Senate District.
Creating sustainable jobs was a priority for all three Democrats challenging each other in Tuesday's primary election, but it's their approach that distinguishes them.
Lifelong Evansville resident and 45th Assembly District Rep. Ringhand, said tackling education is the key to keep jobs within the state.
Ringhand beat out Austin Scienzinski, a first-time candidate and former aide to retiring Sen. Tim Cullen, and former assembly Rep. and Speaker Mike Sheridan.
Ringhand will face republican Brian Fitzgerald in the general elections this November.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005