MADISON, Wis. - State Rep. Janis Ringhand has won the Democratic primary for the 15th Senate District.
Creating sustainable jobs was a priority for all three Democrats challenging each other in Tuesday's primary election, but it's their approach that distinguishes them.
Lifelong Evansville resident and 45th Assembly District Rep. Ringhand, said tackling education is the key to keep jobs within the state.
Ringhand beat out Austin Scienzinski, a first-time candidate and former aide to retiring Sen. Tim Cullen, and former assembly Rep. and Speaker Mike Sheridan.
Ringhand will face republican Brian Fitzgerald in the general elections this November.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion