MADISON, Wis. - State Rep. Janis Ringhand has won the Democratic primary for the 15th Senate District.
Creating sustainable jobs was a priority for all three Democrats challenging each other in Tuesday's primary election, but it's their approach that distinguishes them.
Lifelong Evansville resident and 45th Assembly District Rep. Ringhand, said tackling education is the key to keep jobs within the state.
Ringhand beat out Austin Scienzinski, a first-time candidate and former aide to retiring Sen. Tim Cullen, and former assembly Rep. and Speaker Mike Sheridan.
Ringhand will face republican Brian Fitzgerald in the general elections this November.
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations
- Report: Longtime Democratic activist Ed Garvey has died