DUNKIRK TOWNSHIP, Wis. - The driver of a car was killed when her car crossed the center line on Highway 51 and struck a recycling truck Friday afternoon, according to officials at the scene.
A Dane County police statement said police identified the car driver as a 34-year-old woman from Janesville.
On Saturday evening, the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office identified the woman killed as Alyson Burn.
Burn's 4-year-old daughter was taken to Stoughton Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries and released to her relatives, according to the statement.
The head-on crash occurred at 1:27 p.m. near the intersection of Highway 51 and Tower Drive east of Stoughton.
The accident involved a Toyota Camry and a Peterbilt recycling truck, according to the statement. Traffic on Highway 51 remained closed for more than four hours.
The driver of the truck was uninjured.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says