DUNKIRK TOWNSHIP, Wis. - The driver of a car was killed when her car crossed the center line on Highway 51 and struck a recycling truck Friday afternoon, according to officials at the scene.
A Dane County police statement said police identified the car driver as a 34-year-old woman from Janesville.
On Saturday evening, the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office identified the woman killed as Alyson Burn.
Burn's 4-year-old daughter was taken to Stoughton Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries and released to her relatives, according to the statement.
The head-on crash occurred at 1:27 p.m. near the intersection of Highway 51 and Tower Drive east of Stoughton.
The accident involved a Toyota Camry and a Peterbilt recycling truck, according to the statement. Traffic on Highway 51 remained closed for more than four hours.
The driver of the truck was uninjured.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say