JANESVILLE, Wis. - A woman was injured when her family's garage and home caught fire early Tuesday morning, according to the Janesville Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to a home at 907 N. Osborne Ave., at 12:38 a.m. for a report of a residential fire.
When firefighters arrived they found the garage fully involved, with fire extending to the house and attic.
The residents told firefighters they were awakened by a popping noise and found fire in a wood pile next to the garage.
A woman was taken to Mercy Hospital, was treated and returned to the scene before firefighters left.
Damage to the garage and home is estimated at $250,000.
Fire officials have not determined the cause of the fire.20324138
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI