MILTON, Wis. - A Janesville woman was arrested on a charge of fifth offense operating a vehicle while intoxicated Sunday, the Rock County Sheriff's Office said.
A Rock County sheriff's deputy found a Ford Taurus in the ditch on the north side of MH Townline Road in Milton Township about 12:21 p.m. Sunday.
The deputy found the driver, Lonnie Bechtolt, 49, uninjured on the road outside of her car, according to a Rock County Sheriff's Office news release.
Sheriff's officials said an investigation showed that Bechtolt was driving north on Harmony Townhall Road when she failed to stop at the stop sign for MH Townline Road and drove into the ditch.
The deputy found that Bechtolt was confused and her speech was slurred, according to the news release.
Sheriff's officials said Bechtolt refused field sobriety tests, and, based on the deputy's observations, Bechtolt was arrested on the OWI charge.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns