MILTON, Wis. - A Janesville woman was arrested on a charge of fifth offense operating a vehicle while intoxicated Sunday, the Rock County Sheriff's Office said.
A Rock County sheriff's deputy found a Ford Taurus in the ditch on the north side of MH Townline Road in Milton Township about 12:21 p.m. Sunday.
The deputy found the driver, Lonnie Bechtolt, 49, uninjured on the road outside of her car, according to a Rock County Sheriff's Office news release.
Sheriff's officials said an investigation showed that Bechtolt was driving north on Harmony Townhall Road when she failed to stop at the stop sign for MH Townline Road and drove into the ditch.
The deputy found that Bechtolt was confused and her speech was slurred, according to the news release.
Sheriff's officials said Bechtolt refused field sobriety tests, and, based on the deputy's observations, Bechtolt was arrested on the OWI charge.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire