JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two Janesville men were arrested after an investigation into a shots fired complaint Wednesday morning, according to Janesville police.
Officers were called to the 1700 block of Cottonwood Drive at 1:59 a.m. where a resident had reported the shots. While officers were on the scene, they heard gunfire and determined the shots came from a home at 2917 Black Bridge Rd.
Police said they were unable to contact the occupants by phone but were able to contact them verbally and the residents eventually came out. Three adults were detained by 2:56 a.m.
Two children were found sleeping in their beds, according to police.
A search warrant was used to search the home, and shell casings from a .45-caliber handgun were found outside. Police said they found a .45-caliber handgun and AK-47 assault rifle during their search and that the handgun is the gun that was fired before and after officers were called to the scene.
Andre L. Dozer, 27, was arrested on suspicion of recklessly endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon and possession of drug paraphernalia. Nathan A. Meehan-Hill, 23, was arrested on suspicion of recklessly endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon and on a probation hold.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer