JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville area residents took advantage of local health foods Saturday at St. Mary's hospital.
Several local farms came out to offer visitors their fresh produce at the Produce Power event. Chefs also gave demonstrations ranging from how to spice up meals to how to get pick kids into eating healthy.
The event helped families connect with their local agricultural roots while learning ways to eat right.
"It's really all about introducing young families in the community to eating local and eating produce," St. Mary's Director of Marketing Joan Neeno said.
Last year's Produce Power event drew a crowd of more than 300. Volunteers said they were hopeful for a similar success story this year.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists