JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville area residents took advantage of local health foods Saturday at St. Mary's hospital.
Several local farms came out to offer visitors their fresh produce at the Produce Power event. Chefs also gave demonstrations ranging from how to spice up meals to how to get pick kids into eating healthy.
The event helped families connect with their local agricultural roots while learning ways to eat right.
"It's really all about introducing young families in the community to eating local and eating produce," St. Mary's Director of Marketing Joan Neeno said.
Last year's Produce Power event drew a crowd of more than 300. Volunteers said they were hopeful for a similar success story this year.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game