JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said a standoff between officers and a suicidal subject ended Sunday night when police fired tear gas into a home.
The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. Sunday on S. Martin Street near Milwaukee Avenue.
According to police, Daniel Eldridge was making suicidal comments and was armed with a handgun. Officers mae contact with Eldridge, but he wouldn't come out and talk to officers.
Police said negotiations last approximately two hours before the tear gas was fired and Eldridge was taken into custody. No one was injured in the incident.23027346
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash