JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said a standoff between officers and a suicidal subject ended Sunday night when police fired tear gas into a home.
The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. Sunday on S. Martin Street near Milwaukee Avenue.
According to police, Daniel Eldridge was making suicidal comments and was armed with a handgun. Officers mae contact with Eldridge, but he wouldn't come out and talk to officers.
Police said negotiations last approximately two hours before the tear gas was fired and Eldridge was taken into custody. No one was injured in the incident.23027346
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists