JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two victims are recovering from head injuries following a home invasion near downtown Janesville Monday night, according to Janesville police.
The incident happened about 11 p.m. in the 500 block of South Main Street in Janesville.
According to police, two people possibly armed with handguns knocked on the door of the home before they forced their way inside and demanded money from the victims.
The intruders physically assaulted the two people inside before taking off on foot with some electronic items from the home. The victims were treated and released from Mercy Hospital in Janesville.
Police said this doesn't appear to be a random act, and officers have developed persons of interest in the case.23635974
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn