JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two victims are recovering from head injuries following a home invasion near downtown Janesville Monday night, according to Janesville police.
The incident happened about 11 p.m. in the 500 block of South Main Street in Janesville.
According to police, two people possibly armed with handguns knocked on the door of the home before they forced their way inside and demanded money from the victims.
The intruders physically assaulted the two people inside before taking off on foot with some electronic items from the home. The victims were treated and released from Mercy Hospital in Janesville.
Police said this doesn't appear to be a random act, and officers have developed persons of interest in the case.23635974
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs