JANESVILLE, Wis. - A 31-year-old man was arrested for his fourth operating while intoxicated charge early Sunday morning, Janesville police said.
Around 2:30 a.m. a Janesville officer observed Jeremy T. McCarthy, 31, driving on East Milwaukee Street eastbound near Harmony Drive, according to a release. McCarthy was stopped for an equipment violation, and the officer found McCarthy was intoxicated.
McCarthy submitted to chemical tests of his breath that revealed he was significantly over the legal limit, officials said. He was arrested for tentative fourth OWI charges pending his initial court appearance.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say