JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Delevan man faces numerous charges after Janesville police said he tried to break into a steakhouse by cutting a hole in the roof.
The incident happened just before 2 a.m. at the Texas Roadhouse on the city's north east side.
According to police, when officers arrived, they could hear pounding on the roof of the building. When they went outside, they could see someone running from the building toward Home Depot.
Police caught Brett Wiedmer, 38, in the parking lot of Home Depot. Police said Weidmer attempted to cut a hole in the roof, but he was unable to make entry into the restaurant.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow