JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Delevan man faces numerous charges after Janesville police said he tried to break into a steakhouse by cutting a hole in the roof.
The incident happened just before 2 a.m. at the Texas Roadhouse on the city's north east side.
According to police, when officers arrived, they could hear pounding on the roof of the building. When they went outside, they could see someone running from the building toward Home Depot.
Police caught Brett Wiedmer, 38, in the parking lot of Home Depot. Police said Weidmer attempted to cut a hole in the roof, but he was unable to make entry into the restaurant.
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick