JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Delevan man faces numerous charges after Janesville police said he tried to break into a steakhouse by cutting a hole in the roof.
The incident happened just before 2 a.m. at the Texas Roadhouse on the city's north east side.
According to police, when officers arrived, they could hear pounding on the roof of the building. When they went outside, they could see someone running from the building toward Home Depot.
Police caught Brett Wiedmer, 38, in the parking lot of Home Depot. Police said Weidmer attempted to cut a hole in the roof, but he was unable to make entry into the restaurant.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire