JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police joined law enforcement officers from four different agencies in a crackdown on drug and gang activities Thursday night.
The criminal traffic interdiction led to 11 arrests for drug-related offenses, according to Janesville police. Police said the crackdown led to the seizure of cocaine, marijuana, and synthetic marijuana.
Overall, the crackdown resulted in 93 traffic stops, resulting in 44 citations, according to Janesville police. 17 people were arrested on outstanding warrants, and 6 people on probation were brought back to jail.
The Rock County Sheriff's office, the Wisconsin State Patrol, the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation helped with the crackdown.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land