JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police joined law enforcement officers from four different agencies in a crackdown on drug and gang activities Thursday night.
The criminal traffic interdiction led to 11 arrests for drug-related offenses, according to Janesville police. Police said the crackdown led to the seizure of cocaine, marijuana, and synthetic marijuana.
Overall, the crackdown resulted in 93 traffic stops, resulting in 44 citations, according to Janesville police. 17 people were arrested on outstanding warrants, and 6 people on probation were brought back to jail.
The Rock County Sheriff's office, the Wisconsin State Patrol, the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation helped with the crackdown.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn