JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police joined law enforcement officers from four different agencies in a crackdown on drug and gang activities Thursday night.
The criminal traffic interdiction led to 11 arrests for drug-related offenses, according to Janesville police. Police said the crackdown led to the seizure of cocaine, marijuana, and synthetic marijuana.
Overall, the crackdown resulted in 93 traffic stops, resulting in 44 citations, according to Janesville police. 17 people were arrested on outstanding warrants, and 6 people on probation were brought back to jail.
The Rock County Sheriff's office, the Wisconsin State Patrol, the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation helped with the crackdown.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says