JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police joined law enforcement officers from four different agencies in a crackdown on drug and gang activities Thursday night.
The criminal traffic interdiction led to 11 arrests for drug-related offenses, according to Janesville police. Police said the crackdown led to the seizure of cocaine, marijuana, and synthetic marijuana.
Overall, the crackdown resulted in 93 traffic stops, resulting in 44 citations, according to Janesville police. 17 people were arrested on outstanding warrants, and 6 people on probation were brought back to jail.
The Rock County Sheriff's office, the Wisconsin State Patrol, the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation helped with the crackdown.
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water