JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville police operation has resulted in eight arrests in relation with heroin sales in the city.
According to a Janesville Police Department statement, an investigation into the sale of heroin in Janesville led to Operation "Broken Needle."
As a result of the operation, three search warrants of Janesville residences have been executed and eight individuals were arrested. Police also seized two motor vehicles and several firearms.
The statement said at least nine children have been referred to the Rock County Department of Child Protective Services.
JPD has not yet released the identities of the arrested individuals.
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles