JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville police operation has resulted in eight arrests in relation with heroin sales in the city.
According to a Janesville Police Department statement, an investigation into the sale of heroin in Janesville led to Operation "Broken Needle."
As a result of the operation, three search warrants of Janesville residences have been executed and eight individuals were arrested. Police also seized two motor vehicles and several firearms.
The statement said at least nine children have been referred to the Rock County Department of Child Protective Services.
JPD has not yet released the identities of the arrested individuals.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire