JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Rock County man pleaded guilty to shooting a Beloit man over a debt.
Deadrick Vance, 34, of Janesville, was charged with first-degree attempted intentional homicide and pleaded guilty Friday to reckless injury as part of a plea deal, dropping his maximum potential jail time from 20 years to 16 years.
Police said he shot a 27-year-old man in the neck on Feb. 1 because he owed Vance money.
Vance is also charged with marijuana possession.
He's scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 31.Janesville man pleads guilty to shooting a man over a debt
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm