JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Rock County man pleaded guilty to shooting a Beloit man over a debt.
Deadrick Vance, 34, of Janesville, was charged with first-degree attempted intentional homicide and pleaded guilty Friday to reckless injury as part of a plea deal, dropping his maximum potential jail time from 20 years to 16 years.
Police said he shot a 27-year-old man in the neck on Feb. 1 because he owed Vance money.
Vance is also charged with marijuana possession.
He's scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 31.Janesville man pleads guilty to shooting a man over a debt
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry