JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Rock County man pleaded guilty to shooting a Beloit man over a debt.
Deadrick Vance, 34, of Janesville, was charged with first-degree attempted intentional homicide and pleaded guilty Friday to reckless injury as part of a plea deal, dropping his maximum potential jail time from 20 years to 16 years.
Police said he shot a 27-year-old man in the neck on Feb. 1 because he owed Vance money.
Vance is also charged with marijuana possession.
He's scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 31.Janesville man pleads guilty to shooting a man over a debt
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion