JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Rock County man pleaded guilty to shooting a Beloit man over a debt.
Deadrick Vance, 34, of Janesville, was charged with first-degree attempted intentional homicide and pleaded guilty Friday to reckless injury as part of a plea deal, dropping his maximum potential jail time from 20 years to 16 years.
Police said he shot a 27-year-old man in the neck on Feb. 1 because he owed Vance money.
Vance is also charged with marijuana possession.
He's scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 31.Janesville man pleads guilty to shooting a man over a debt
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say