JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said a hit-and-run accident Tuesday night has led to a Janesville man facing numerous charges, including his fifth charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Janesville police responded to the 300 block of South Randall Avenue just before 9 p.m. Tuesday after someone reported an accident.
Police said when officers got there, they received information that the driver of the car involved in the accident had gone inside a home in the 1900 block of Tamarack Lane.
Police said officers went to the home and made contact with Steven Estep, 36, of Janesville, who denied being the driver of the vehicle. However, police said a neighbor said he saw Estep leave the vehicle and go into the house.
Estep showed signs of being drunk and was given field sobriety tests, according to Janesville police. That led police to arrest Estep and bring him to the Rock County Jail to face numerous charges.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land