BELOIT, Wis. - Police arrested a man on suspicion of attempted murder connected to a shooting in Beloit Sunday.
The Beloit Police Department said Thamar Keithern Harper, 29, of Janesville, was charged with first-degree attempted homicide after two men were found shot in a Beloit parking lot at about 1:41 a.m.
Officers were in the municipal parking lot at 325 Broad St. when they heard several gunshots, according to the report. Two victims in their 20s were found. Both men are from Beloit.
One of the men was released with non-life-threatening injuries and the other was taken to a local hospital.
Witnesses reported seeing the shooter flee on foot from the parking lot, police said. Officers took Harper into custody at the scene without incident.
Harper was taken to Rock County Jail.325 Broad St.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls