BELOIT, Wis. - Police arrested a man on suspicion of attempted murder connected to a shooting in Beloit Sunday.
The Beloit Police Department said Thamar Keithern Harper, 29, of Janesville, was charged with first-degree attempted homicide after two men were found shot in a Beloit parking lot at about 1:41 a.m.
Officers were in the municipal parking lot at 325 Broad St. when they heard several gunshots, according to the report. Two victims in their 20s were found. Both men are from Beloit.
One of the men was released with non-life-threatening injuries and the other was taken to a local hospital.
Witnesses reported seeing the shooter flee on foot from the parking lot, police said. Officers took Harper into custody at the scene without incident.
Harper was taken to Rock County Jail.325 Broad St.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK