JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested on a charge of fifth offense operating a vehicle while under the influence Monday.
Janesville police responded to a report just before 5 p.m. of a woman creating a disturbance at It's A Keeper Bait and Tackle at 815 S Washington St.
As officers were coming into the area, they received information that the woman had gotten into a black Dodge truck, and was leaving.
A Janesville police officer identified the track as it was driving away. The officer caught up to the truck and initiated a traffic stop at South Washington Street and Rockport Road, where he contacted the driver.
Police said the driver, identified as Jan R Kustow, 51, displayed signs of intoxication and admitted to consuming intoxicants.
The officer conducted field sobriety testing, and test results indicated the driver was impaired, according to a Janesville Police Department news release.
Kustow was arrested on charges of fifth offense OWI and operating while revoked, police said. He was taken into custody and transported to the Rock County Jail.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in