JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested on a charge of fifth offense operating a vehicle while under the influence Monday.
Janesville police responded to a report just before 5 p.m. of a woman creating a disturbance at It's A Keeper Bait and Tackle at 815 S Washington St.
As officers were coming into the area, they received information that the woman had gotten into a black Dodge truck, and was leaving.
A Janesville police officer identified the track as it was driving away. The officer caught up to the truck and initiated a traffic stop at South Washington Street and Rockport Road, where he contacted the driver.
Police said the driver, identified as Jan R Kustow, 51, displayed signs of intoxication and admitted to consuming intoxicants.
The officer conducted field sobriety testing, and test results indicated the driver was impaired, according to a Janesville Police Department news release.
Kustow was arrested on charges of fifth offense OWI and operating while revoked, police said. He was taken into custody and transported to the Rock County Jail.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say