JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested on a felony charge of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated early Sunday morning, Janesville police said.
A Janesville police officer saw a 1987 Ford Bronco fail to stop at the flashing red traffic control signals at North Parker Drive and Centerway Street just before 3 a.m. Sunday.
The officer made contact with the driver, Pharon J. Voegeli, 32, who smelled of the odor of intoxicants, according to a Janesville Police Department news release.
Voegeli was given standardized field sobriety tests, which he failed, and he was subsequently arrested on suspicion of OWI, Janesville police said.
Department of Transportation records showed Voegeli has three prior OWI convictions, according to the news release.
A blood draw at the Mercy Hospital Emergency Room was taken for testing.
Police said Voegeli was transported to the Rock County Jail, where he is being detained.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash