JANESVILLE, Wis. - If investigators can't come up with any clues in a decades-old cold case by Friday night they will call off the search.
The investigation continued Thursday into the 1947 disappearance of Georgia Weckler as Rock County Sheriff's deputies spent another day combing through what could be a crime scene at Rotamer and Wright Roads in Janesville.
A tipster, who was 16 at the time of Weckler's disappearance contacted authorities last week about suspicious activity in the area when Weckler was reported missing. She vanished from her Fort Atkinson home in 1947.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement