JANESVILLE, Wis. - If investigators can't come up with any clues in a decades-old cold case by Friday night they will call off the search.
The investigation continued Thursday into the 1947 disappearance of Georgia Weckler as Rock County Sheriff's deputies spent another day combing through what could be a crime scene at Rotamer and Wright Roads in Janesville.
A tipster, who was 16 at the time of Weckler's disappearance contacted authorities last week about suspicious activity in the area when Weckler was reported missing. She vanished from her Fort Atkinson home in 1947.
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road