JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville City Manager Eric Levitt is the only finalist in the search for a city manager in the city of Simi Valley, Calif, according to a news release from the Simi Valley City Council.
The city is conducting a background review of Levitt, who has served as Janesville's city manager since 2008. He was the city manager of Sedona, Ariz. for seven years before moving to Janesville.
The Simi Valley City Council said it was impressed with Levitt's sensitivities and commitment to ethics and transparency. It said Levitt has demonstrated his ability to collaboratively resolve issues.
Levitt's background review is expected to take two weeks.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire