LANCASTER, Wis. - A Grant County Jail inmate is accused of throwing a cup at, punching and biting jail staff.
Sheriff's officials said Michael Kirschbaum, 27, was creating a disturbance on Monday and the incident occurred as jail staff attempted to move him to a more controlled section of the jail.
A report states Kirschbaum threw a hard plastic drinking cup at the jail administrator, almost striking him in the head. He then struck the administrator twice in the side of his head with a closed fist. Once on the floor, he bit the administrator and a corrections worker in the back of the hand.
Kirschbaum is charged with three counts of battery by prisoners and could face up to 18 additional years in jail.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend