JUNEAU, Wis. - A food contract worker at the Dodge County Detention Facility is accused of having sexual contact with an inmate, according to the Dodge County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff Patricia Ninmann said Lori A. Larue, 45, of Beaver Dam, was removed from her job in the jail's kitchen as soon as staff was aware of the complaint.
Larue is charged with second-degree sexual assault by correctional staff.
Ninmann said all non-secure staff get training on proper interaction with inmates. She said she's taking steps to make sure this is an isolated incident.
Dodge County Sheriff's Office staff were not involved in the complaint, according to Ninmann.
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say