MADISON, Wis, - Dr. Jack E. Daniels III has been named the eighth president of Madison College, according to a release.
Daniels is currently president of Los Angeles Southwest College and will join Madison College Aug. 19, according to the release.
Daniels was the preferred choice of the District Board of Trustees, as well as faculty, staff, students and community members who met the candidates during multiple district forums, according to the release.
Daniels' proven record of focusing on student success and establishing a positive work environment that facilitates faculty and employee success and development were factors that weighed heavily in the decision, said Janice Bultema, Madison College District Board trustee.
Bultema said Daniels' experience fostering collaborative relationships with the community, elected officials, K-12 and other education institutions, and business and industry, and his experience demonstrating an engaging interpersonal style and community skills also contributed to the decision.
Daniels started as president of Los Angeles Southwest College in July 2006, and led campus efforts to improve student success and managed the $400 million campus construction project and facilitated its 10,000 Small Business Program, according to the release.
Bettsey Barhorst, current president of Madison College, who is set to retire, has agreed to remain through the transition, according to the release.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK