MADISON, Wis. - Drivers in the Madison area should expect some delays Sunday starting around 7 a.m. when the Ironman Triathlon gets underway, officials said.
Some residents in western Dane County will be affected by the bike portion of the triathlon, according to the release. Those residents should plan to use alternative routes and allow extra travel time.
Officials will be out directing traffic at major intersections along the course throughout the day.
The Ironman triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike race and 26.2-mile marathon, according to the release. The course can be viewed online.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns