MADISON, Wis. - Drivers in the Madison area should expect some delays Sunday starting around 7 a.m. when the Ironman Triathlon gets underway, officials said.
Some residents in western Dane County will be affected by the bike portion of the triathlon, according to the release. Those residents should plan to use alternative routes and allow extra travel time.
Officials will be out directing traffic at major intersections along the course throughout the day.
The Ironman triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike race and 26.2-mile marathon, according to the release. The course can be viewed online.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in