BELL, Wis. - An Iowa man who was snowmobiling in northern Wisconsin has died after he crashed into a tree.
A Duluth News Tribune report said the crash was reported Friday about 3 p.m. on a snowmobile trail in the town of Bell in Bayfield County.
Rescue officials said the man died on impact. The state Department of Natural Resources is continuing to investigate, but the sheriff's office said Saturday that speed and alcohol appear to have been contributing factors.
The man's name hasn't been released.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend