BELL, Wis. - An Iowa man who was snowmobiling in northern Wisconsin has died after he crashed into a tree.
A Duluth News Tribune report said the crash was reported Friday about 3 p.m. on a snowmobile trail in the town of Bell in Bayfield County.
Rescue officials said the man died on impact. The state Department of Natural Resources is continuing to investigate, but the sheriff's office said Saturday that speed and alcohol appear to have been contributing factors.
The man's name hasn't been released.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US