MADISON, Wis. - Investigators are asking for the public's help in solving a 15-year-old cold case from the Green Bay area.
Amber Wilde was 19 years old and a college student at the time of her disappearance. She was four months pregnant as well.
Her family said that before vanishing, she'd been in a minor traffic accident.
Two new detectives were assigned to Wilde's case this year.
"We felt it necessary to have a lot of the evidence re-examined because of many advances in technology that have taken place since the original time it was examined," said Lee Kingston, Green Bay Police Department detective.
Investigators will send evidence to the state and federal crime labs. They're re-interviewing those involved and new people.
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom