MADISON, Wis. - Reed Hall can drop `interim' from his chief executive title at the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp.
Gov. Scott Walker Tuesday named Reed as CEO of the public-private agency created to promote economic development in the state. Hall has served as interim CEO and secretary of the organization since November. Before that, Hall was executive director of the Marshfield Clinic from 2000 to 2010 and was its general counsel for 24 years.
"I think he brings the kind of confidence that this state needs, based upon his track record of leading an organization in the past," Walker said.
A pair of independent reviews of WEDC's operations identified a number of problems and issued a series of recommendations, including upgrading computer software and hiring more people to better track loans and other financial transactions.
Reed said that as interim CEO and secretary he's "fully aware of the challenges and opportunities" that are ahead.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash