MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County inmate punched a deputy in the face as the deputy led the inmate back to the housing unit in the Dane County Jail, according to a release.
Christopher W. Fox, 39, punched a deputy on Tuesday in the Dane County Public Safety Building Jail, officials said. The deputy was leading Fox back to the housing unit after a medical check just after 7 p.m.
Fox got agitated when he was not allowed to use the staff telephone, according to the release. The deputy started to open a door and Fox punched him in the face with a closed fist.
The 27-year-old deputy was transported to a local hospital where he was treated and released, officials said.
Fox was booked into jail on Feb. 10 on a substantial battery arrest by Madison police, according to the release. He now faces an additional charge of battery to a law enforcement officer.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns