MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County inmate punched a deputy in the face as the deputy led the inmate back to the housing unit in the Dane County Jail, according to a release.
Christopher W. Fox, 39, punched a deputy on Tuesday in the Dane County Public Safety Building Jail, officials said. The deputy was leading Fox back to the housing unit after a medical check just after 7 p.m.
Fox got agitated when he was not allowed to use the staff telephone, according to the release. The deputy started to open a door and Fox punched him in the face with a closed fist.
The 27-year-old deputy was transported to a local hospital where he was treated and released, officials said.
Fox was booked into jail on Feb. 10 on a substantial battery arrest by Madison police, according to the release. He now faces an additional charge of battery to a law enforcement officer.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer