GENEVA TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Janesville teen was shot and killed Monday by a Walworth County sheriff's deputy while trying to escape custody at Lakeland Medical Center, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
The deputy said he was guarding Alfredo Emilio Villarreal, 18, while he was undergoing tests for a personal medical issue when Villarreal tried to escape.
The deputy was punched and kicked multiple times and the deputy called for assistance, according to investigators.
The deputy then used a Taser, which didn't stop Villarreal, according to investigators. Villarreal used a chair to try to break out the window in his room, and when that failed, he tried to strike the deputy over the head with the chair.
Investigators said the deputy then shot Villarreal and he died at the scene.
Villarreal was in the Walworth County Jail on a probation hold.Inmate from Janesville shot and killed by officer at hospital
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested