GENEVA TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Janesville teen was shot and killed Monday by a Walworth County sheriff's deputy while trying to escape custody at Lakeland Medical Center, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
The deputy said he was guarding Alfredo Emilio Villarreal, 18, while he was undergoing tests for a personal medical issue when Villarreal tried to escape.
The deputy was punched and kicked multiple times and the deputy called for assistance, according to investigators.
The deputy then used a Taser, which didn't stop Villarreal, according to investigators. Villarreal used a chair to try to break out the window in his room, and when that failed, he tried to strike the deputy over the head with the chair.
Investigators said the deputy then shot Villarreal and he died at the scene.
Villarreal was in the Walworth County Jail on a probation hold.Inmate from Janesville shot and killed by officer at hospital
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say