MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County Jail inmate declared AWOL in December was found and arrested Thursday, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
John R. Ryan Jr., 28, of Fort Atkinson was released from the jail on Dec. 17 to attend school and didn't return.
A detective learned Thursday about a scheduled appointment Ryan was going to attend and was there when Ryan arrived. He was arrested on suspicion of escape.
Ryan was serving a nine-month probation sentence for strangulation.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land