MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County Jail inmate declared AWOL in December was found and arrested Thursday, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
John R. Ryan Jr., 28, of Fort Atkinson was released from the jail on Dec. 17 to attend school and didn't return.
A detective learned Thursday about a scheduled appointment Ryan was going to attend and was there when Ryan arrived. He was arrested on suspicion of escape.
Ryan was serving a nine-month probation sentence for strangulation.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested