JUNEAU, Wis. - The Dodge County Sheriff's Office is investigating the 1960s death of a Waupun State Prison inmate.
A release from the sheriff's office states they received a complaint of the possibly suspicious death, but do not have the name of the victim.
Investigators are checking records from the Department of Corrections dating back to the 1960s.
The death was reported to have happened inside the prison.
Sheriff Patricia Ninmann said they're taking the complaint seriously.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike