JUNEAU, Wis. - The Dodge County Sheriff's Office is investigating the 1960s death of a Waupun State Prison inmate.
A release from the sheriff's office states they received a complaint of the possibly suspicious death, but do not have the name of the victim.
Investigators are checking records from the Department of Corrections dating back to the 1960s.
The death was reported to have happened inside the prison.
Sheriff Patricia Ninmann said they're taking the complaint seriously.
- Fate of the historic Monterey Dam is still up for discussion
- Taking time off, staying close to home is beneficial to work, life, expert says
- DCHS partners with other shelters to rescue 49 dogs from former breeder
- Delays expected on Beltline during daytime lane closures, DOT says
- Police find shell casings, property damage on west side
- Career center helps prepare Beloit teens for workforce