JUNEAU, Wis. - The Dodge County Sheriff's Office is investigating the 1960s death of a Waupun State Prison inmate.
A release from the sheriff's office states they received a complaint of the possibly suspicious death, but do not have the name of the victim.
Investigators are checking records from the Department of Corrections dating back to the 1960s.
The death was reported to have happened inside the prison.
Sheriff Patricia Ninmann said they're taking the complaint seriously.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005