MADISON, Wis. - Injuries will sideline Wisconsin quarterback Joel Stave and tight end T. J. Watt, according to a report from UW Athletics.
Stave is contending with a shoulder injury and Watt injured his right knee during camp requiring surgery.
"Joel has been dealing with some issues with his throwing shoulder for the last couple of weeks and we have come to a decision, after talking with Joel, that the best thing for him right now is to shut it down and give him some rest, " UW football head coach Gary Andersen said.
Watt is expected back during the conference season. There's no timetable for Stave's return.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes