MADISON, Wis. - Injuries will sideline Wisconsin quarterback Joel Stave and tight end T. J. Watt, according to a report from UW Athletics.
Stave is contending with a shoulder injury and Watt injured his right knee during camp requiring surgery.
"Joel has been dealing with some issues with his throwing shoulder for the last couple of weeks and we have come to a decision, after talking with Joel, that the best thing for him right now is to shut it down and give him some rest, " UW football head coach Gary Andersen said.
Watt is expected back during the conference season. There's no timetable for Stave's return.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire