TOWN OF OAK GROVE, Wis. - Authorities identified the three people involved in a three-vehicle crash east of Beaver Dam Tuesday morning.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Office said two people were injured in on Highway 33 west of Sunset Road in the town of Oak Grove around 6:50 a.m., officials said.
A westbound vehicle driven by 19-year-old Natalie Stoeckel, of Mayville, crossed the center line and side-swiped an eastbound vehicle, investigators said. The eastbound vehicle was driven by 27-year-old Amy Lanphier, of Beaver Dam, who was not injured.
Stoeckel's vehicle then hit another eastbound vehicle, which was driven by 31-year-old Jesse Beske, of Beaver Dam, officials said. The collision was nearly head-on and severely damaged both vehicles.
Stoeckel and Beske were injured and pinned in their vehicles, and were transported to Beaver Dam Community Hospital, according to the release. Beske was later transferred to UW Hospital by Flight for Life.
Inattentive driving is believed to be a contributing factor in the crash, deputies said. There was also dense fog at the time of the crash.Highway 33 west of Susnet Road, Dodge County
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash