ONALASKA, Wis. - One of eagles that the Coulee Region Humane Society helped rescue was released at 10 a.m. on Wednesday.
Two eagles were found on the ground fighting, flopping around in the backyard of an Onalaska residence on Tuesday morning. Their talons were latched together.
The Humane Society released the eagle in the same neighborhood where they were found. The second eagle had more serious puncture wounds and is still recovering.
The Humane Society checked with some eagle experts and they believe the two males were probably fighting over territory, which is one another reason the two were not released at the same time.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say