MADISON, Wis. - Police are investigating the death of a baby on the far east side Friday.
In a Madison Police Department statement, Lt. Marianne Flynn Statz said a report of an infant not breathing and without a pulse came just before 5 p.m.
City police and fire departments went to the 4100 block of Maher Avenue in response to the report. A statement said adults at the scene had attempted chest compressions.
Madison fire rescue transported the infant to a local hospital but police said the baby died.
As of Saturday morning, police said the death investigation was ongoing, and officials could not say if the death was suspicious.
The Blooming Grove Fire Department also responded to the call, according to the report.
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands