MADISON, Wis. - Police are investigating the death of a baby on the far east side Friday.
In a Madison Police Department statement, Lt. Marianne Flynn Statz said a report of an infant not breathing and without a pulse came just before 5 p.m.
City police and fire departments went to the 4100 block of Maher Avenue in response to the report. A statement said adults at the scene had attempted chest compressions.
Madison fire rescue transported the infant to a local hospital but police said the baby died.
As of Saturday morning, police said the death investigation was ongoing, and officials could not say if the death was suspicious.
The Blooming Grove Fire Department also responded to the call, according to the report.
- MFD: 1 transported from rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed