TOWN OF BARNES, Wis. - An Indiana man has died in a snowmobile accident in northern Wisconsin.
The Bayfield County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Justin Charles Mulder of Munster died after he failed to negotiate a corner on his snowmobile, left the road and crashed into a wooded area.
Department of Natural Resources snowmobile safety administrator Gary Eddy said the accident happened about 3 p.m. Sunday. The DNR said speed and alcohol are believed to be factors. The investigation continues.
The DNR also said the crash pushes to 16 the number of snowmobiler fatalities in Wisconsin this snowmobiling season.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says