TOWN OF WALWORTH, Wis. - An Illinois man has been arrested and charges are being referred to the Walworth County District Attorney's Office following a crash Saturday with one fatality, according to a release.
The charges include operating while intoxicated -- homicide and causing injury by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle, according to the release.
Officials say they responded at 7:44 a.m. to a report of a Jeep vs. tree crash on Cobblestone Road west of Linn-Walworth Town Line Road.
The 2004 Jeep Wagoneer was traveling westbound on Cobbleston Road when it left the road and struck a tree, according to the release.
Officials say there were four passengers in the vehicle when the crash occurred.
The alleged driver is Daniel P. Consolo, 24, of Woodstock Ill.; and the passengers were Kevin D. Green, 22, of Fontana Wis.; and twin brothers Adam M. Szudarski and Ryan A. Szudarski, age 21, of Wonder Lake Ill., according to the release.
Green was initially taken by ambulance to Lakeland Medical Center but was transferred by Flight For Life to a Milawukee-area hospital where he died of wounds from the crash, according to the release.
Officials say Ryan Szudarski had no apparent injuries. Adam Szudarski was admitted to a McHenry County Hospital with serious injuries.
Adam Szudarski's condition has not been updated at this time, according to the release.
Officials say Consolo is being held in a Wisconsin Hospital and will be seen for an initial bond hearing when he is medically cleared to do so. Consolo has severe injuries.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes