MADISON, Wis. - Icy conditions are causing major problems along rural highways in Dane County Friday morning, with slide-offs and black ice reported all around the county.
WI Highway 19 was closed near U.S. Highway 12 in the town of Springfield because of the conditions earlier Friday morning. Officials report at least five cars went off the road and a semi was blocking westbound lanes of 19.
Black ice is also reported on Highway K and Highway T in the town of Springfield, and Highway JG in Blue Mounds.
Traffic reporter Katie Austin is also reporting a number of slide-offs on Interstate 39-90 due to the fog.
Officials recommend drivers take extra time to make sure they get to where they want to go.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement