MADISON, Wis. - Highway 19 between Highway 51 and Portage Road will be closed starting Monday for the replacement of the Token Creek bridges, officials said.
A detour will be posted for Highway 19 for up to 45 days, according to the release. The detour includes Highway 151, Interstate 39/90/94 and Highway 51.
Officials urge motorists to use the designated detour to avoid congestion and delays on local roads.
According to the release, residents and local businesses located between the structures will be provided access during the closure.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother