MADISON, Wis. - Highway 19 between Highway 51 and Portage Road will be closed starting Monday for the replacement of the Token Creek bridges, officials said.
A detour will be posted for Highway 19 for up to 45 days, according to the release. The detour includes Highway 151, Interstate 39/90/94 and Highway 51.
Officials urge motorists to use the designated detour to avoid congestion and delays on local roads.
According to the release, residents and local businesses located between the structures will be provided access during the closure.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1