MILWAUKEE - Thousands of mailed absentee ballots missing address information might not count in Wisconsin.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports (http://bit.ly/2dkqAj2 ) that a bill Gov. Scott Walker signed in March requires absentee ballots to include the full address of a witness.
Milwaukee Election Commission Executive Director Neil Albrecht tells the newspaper that the commission has received about 400 ballots where witnesses included only partial address and he expects to receive hundreds more with partial address ahead of Election Day. Racine officials say that city has received about 200 ballots with partial witness addresses.
The state Elections Commission has advised clerks to contact the voters and get consent to complete the witnesses' address.
- Koval: Potential gang-related shooting on east side 'concerning'
- Milwaukee police seek driver after fatal hit-and-run
- 2 confirmed dead after house fire in northeast Wisconsin
- Milwaukee police arrest man in family member's killing
- After-school program mentors at-risk boys in Sheboygan
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women