WAUWATOSA, Wis. - Police officers across southeast Wisconsin paid their respects to the Wauwatosa officer killed on active duty earlier this week.
Officer Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds early Monday morning while she patrolled streets of suburban Milwaukee.
Hundreds of mourners attended Sebena's funeral Saturday in Brookfield. Her flag-draped casket sat at the front of the room, and attendees dabbed their eyes as a speaker remembered Sebena as a sister whom other officers learned to trust with their lives.
Law enforcement officers from around the area offered their support. Many attended the funeral, while others covered for Wauwatosa officers so they could be at the funeral.
Sebena, 30, was in her second year with Wauwatosa police.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet