WAUWATOSA, Wis. - Police officers across southeast Wisconsin paid their respects to the Wauwatosa officer killed on active duty earlier this week.
Officer Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds early Monday morning while she patrolled streets of suburban Milwaukee.
Hundreds of mourners attended Sebena's funeral Saturday in Brookfield. Her flag-draped casket sat at the front of the room, and attendees dabbed their eyes as a speaker remembered Sebena as a sister whom other officers learned to trust with their lives.
Law enforcement officers from around the area offered their support. Many attended the funeral, while others covered for Wauwatosa officers so they could be at the funeral.
Sebena, 30, was in her second year with Wauwatosa police.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike