WAUWATOSA, Wis. - Police officers across southeast Wisconsin paid their respects to the Wauwatosa officer killed on active duty earlier this week.
Officer Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds early Monday morning while she patrolled streets of suburban Milwaukee.
Hundreds of mourners attended Sebena's funeral Saturday in Brookfield. Her flag-draped casket sat at the front of the room, and attendees dabbed their eyes as a speaker remembered Sebena as a sister whom other officers learned to trust with their lives.
Law enforcement officers from around the area offered their support. Many attended the funeral, while others covered for Wauwatosa officers so they could be at the funeral.
Sebena, 30, was in her second year with Wauwatosa police.
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested