RIVER FALLS, Wis. - The River Falls house where three young girls were killed by their father will go back to the bank after no one placed a bid on the foreclosed property.
An auction for the Schaffhausen property was held Tuesday at the St. Croix County Government Center. KSTP-TV reported about five people attended the auction, but no one placed a bid on the house.
The home is where 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia Schaffhausen were killed by Aaron Schaffhausen last year. He's serving life in prison.
He tried to sell the house after killing the girls, but their mother, Jessica Schaffhausen objected because he would have profited from the sale.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes