RIVER FALLS, Wis. - The River Falls house where three young girls were killed by their father will go back to the bank after no one placed a bid on the foreclosed property.
An auction for the Schaffhausen property was held Tuesday at the St. Croix County Government Center. KSTP-TV reported about five people attended the auction, but no one placed a bid on the house.
The home is where 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia Schaffhausen were killed by Aaron Schaffhausen last year. He's serving life in prison.
He tried to sell the house after killing the girls, but their mother, Jessica Schaffhausen objected because he would have profited from the sale.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire