TOWN OF SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A house was struck when two vehicles collided in the town of Sun Prairie Wednesday morning, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The crash occurred at 7:37 a.m. at the intersection of Burke and Bailey roads when Kari Sporle, 23, of Mineral Point failed to stop at the intersection as she traveled west on Burke Road, deputies said.
A car driven by Ricardo Portillo, 31, of Madison, was struck on the drivers side, went into a yard and struck a house at 3348 Bailey Road, according to the release.
The drivers were taken to Madison hospitals. Deputies said Sporle had minor injuries and Portillo had serious injuries.
Deputies said the home suffered minor damage.
Sporle told investigators she was unfamiliar with the area and failed to see the stop sign. She was cited on suspicion of failure to follow a stop sign.27222282
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case