TOWN OF EASTON, Wis. - A chimney fire is being blamed for starting a fire that destroyed an Adams County home Friday.
A person called 911 and reported the home at 2543 State Highway 13 in Easton Township on fire at 7:35 a.m., according to deputies.
The Adams County Sheriff's Office said the owners were not home at the time of the fire. A pet died.
The home has been deemed a total loss. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry