TOWN OF EASTON, Wis. - A chimney fire is being blamed for starting a fire that destroyed an Adams County home Friday.
A person called 911 and reported the home at 2543 State Highway 13 in Easton Township on fire at 7:35 a.m., according to deputies.
The Adams County Sheriff's Office said the owners were not home at the time of the fire. A pet died.
The home has been deemed a total loss. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people