HORICON, Wis. - A Horicon bank robbery ended in a high-speed chase and a rollover crash Friday.
According to a Horicon Police Department statement, a man entered a U.S. Bank branch and presented a note to a clerk that said he had a gun, and if the teller gave him money he would not hurt anyone.
After a witness gave police a detailed description of the man's vehicle, police shared the information with surrounding agencies.
Beaver Dam police located the vehicle and tried to stop it, according to the statement. Police pursued the vehicle in a chase that reached 110 mph before the vehicle lost control and crashed on Highway 151.
The suspect was taken to Beaver Dam Community Hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, the statement said. Police believe he acted alone in the bank robbery.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes