HORICON, Wis. - A Horicon bank robbery ended in a high-speed chase and a rollover crash Friday.
According to a Horicon Police Department statement, a man entered a U.S. Bank branch and presented a note to a clerk that said he had a gun, and if the teller gave him money he would not hurt anyone.
After a witness gave police a detailed description of the man's vehicle, police shared the information with surrounding agencies.
Beaver Dam police located the vehicle and tried to stop it, according to the statement. Police pursued the vehicle in a chase that reached 110 mph before the vehicle lost control and crashed on Highway 151.
The suspect was taken to Beaver Dam Community Hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, the statement said. Police believe he acted alone in the bank robbery.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed