Authorities say a Peshtigo woman found dead in her home worked to protect victims of domestic violence. And police are holding her boyfriend for questioning in her death.
The body of 45-year-old Patricia Waschbisch was found Sunday evening. Authorities have not said how she died.
Those who worked with Waschbisch in the domestic violence community say the victim, known as Trish, was a dedicated advocate. WLUK-TV says Waschbisch was the interim director of the Rainbow House, a domestic violence shelter and advocacy group in Marinette.
The director of the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Patti Seger, says Waschbish had a great knowledge of the legal system and the laws designed to protect victims of domestic abuse.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal