Authorities say a Peshtigo woman found dead in her home worked to protect victims of domestic violence. And police are holding her boyfriend for questioning in her death.
The body of 45-year-old Patricia Waschbisch was found Sunday evening. Authorities have not said how she died.
Those who worked with Waschbisch in the domestic violence community say the victim, known as Trish, was a dedicated advocate. WLUK-TV says Waschbisch was the interim director of the Rainbow House, a domestic violence shelter and advocacy group in Marinette.
The director of the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Patti Seger, says Waschbish had a great knowledge of the legal system and the laws designed to protect victims of domestic abuse.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say